I’m a little excited about sharing my version of fried chicken strips. Wait, I take that back. I’m VERY excited to share this recipe! First of all, panko breadcrumbs are heaven sent. If you’ve never cooked with them before, this is the perfect time to try them.
When I am in the mood for something crispy or crunchy without all of the added calories and fat that comes with frying, panko bread crumbs is where its at. After trying his recipe, I guarantee you this will be a staple in your house.
These strips work perfectly over a salad, in a wrap, or alone. The Honey Sriracha Glazed Meatballs recipe has been one of the most popular recipes on the blog so I made a batch of the sauce to serve with these tenders. Delicious just as expected. You can find the recipe to that sauce here or below in the instructions.
Try them out and let me know what you think!
- 2 lbs of chicken breasts
- 2 cups of panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of herbal seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika
- tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Honey Sriracha Dipping Sauce (not included in nutrition facts).
- 3 tbs of honey
- 2 tbs sriracha
- 2 tbs of low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbs of white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (optional) and fit it with a wire rack. Lightly oil the rack with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place 1 piece between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound to an even thickness (about ½ inch) with a meat mallet or the bottom of a frying pan. Cut each chicken breast into 4-5 strips and place in a mixing bowl. Repeat with remaining chicken breasts.
- Season chicken breast with optional salt and pepper.
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Combine bread crumbs, seasonings, and optional salt and pepper in a separate bowl. Mix well.
- Dip chicken strips in egg, then coat with bread crumb mixture. Add chicken to wire rack.
- Re-coat chicken strips with panko crumbs that may have fallen through the wire rack and onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake chicken for 20-25 minutes.
- Divide chicken equally into 8 servings (approx. 3-4 chicken strips). Serve chicken with your favorite side dish, over a salad, or with this honey Sriracha dipping sauce.
- Honey Sriracha Dipping Sauce
- In a small sauce pan, combine honey, sriracha, soy sauce, vinegar, and vanilla extract. Simmer over medium low heat for 5-6 mins then remove.